The coronavirus Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme will launch online on Tuesday 26th May. The scheme enables employers with less than 250 employees to claim coronavirus related Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).
Businesses are eligible to use the scheme if they:
- are claiming for an employee who’s eligible for sick pay due to coronavirus
- had a PAYE payroll scheme in operation before 28th February 2020
- had fewer than 250 employees across all PAYE schemes as at 28th February 2020
- are eligible to receive State Aid under the EU Commission Temporary Framework
The repayment covers up to two weeks of the applicable rate of SSP, and is payable if a current or former employee was unable to work on or after 13th March 2020 because they either:
- had coronavirus
- are self-isolating and unable to work from home
- are shielding because they are at high risk of severe illness from coronavirus
To prepare to make a claim, you should keep records of all the SSP payments you wish to claim for.