About the role
To make sure that people are paid correctly and on time. Performs all activities necessary to process payrolls end to end, including maintaining related records, filing tax reports, preparing accounting transactions and documents, and preparing special reports for management
Responsible for the preparation and processing of payrolls with multiple frequencies for approximately 50/70 clients as part of a Bureau portfolio on the STAR and BrightPay payroll systems (This includes the entire cycle of payroll processing from capturing of new employees, leavers, terminations, statutory absence, variable components such as overtime, bonuses, other additions and deductions as received from the Data Controller), the list is non-exhaustive
- Responsible for the coordination between your payroll portfolio and clients, to ensure proper flow and maintenance of employee data
- Handle the payroll processing end to end in a timely and accurate manner including RTI filing and pension uploads
- Maintain client records to ensure that employee changes are entered correctly and review changes for proper authorization.
- Generate reports for payments such as BACS, PAYE returns and other third parties
- Maintain a proper document control system with a full audit trail of input
- Keep abreast with company policies and tax legislation that impact payroll
- Prepare month-end journals and reports where necessary for posting/audit purposes
- Communicate unusual payroll changes to the Payroll Manager
- Be transparent and always report any known errors
- Three plus years in a Payroll Office, preferably a Payroll Bureau, performing all payroll functions with a knowledge and understanding of HMRC legislation and Pension Auto Enrolment. Preferably previous use of STAR and BrightPay software with a good understanding of manual calculations
- Excellent skills using MS Excel, and Internet Explorer
- Strong skills in using and understanding the flow of transactions in an integrated and automated payroll system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgmental skills, a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and under pressure
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines
- Must be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Be flexible
- Good interpersonal and communication skills – ability to liaise at all levels
- Outgoing, personable, responsible, self-motivated, and confident
KJG is an 8 partner firm offering a full range of accounting services including audit, accounts preparation, tax planning, corporate recovery, corporate finance and forensic accounting. The firm deals with a wide range of predominantly owner-managed businesses ranging from new start-ups to companies with turnover in excess of £100m.
Although we have specialists offering a range of accountancy, taxation and advisory services, we pride ourselves on working as a single team. Our clients therefore receive the support they need, always under the supervision of a dedicated partner.
We are a founding member firm of Xeinadin Group, an extensive group of 120 firms with more than 1,500 advisors spanning the UK and Ireland. Through unmatched collaboration and innovation, we support and inspire our clients to reach their strategic business goals. Read more about the Xeinadin Group here.
The firm hosts quarterly social events for our team including days at the races, white water rafting, quiz nights and charity events.
Our offices are in a fantastic central location in Manchester City Centre, just 5 minutes’ walk from Deansgate train and tram station.
- 23 days holiday
- Birthday off
- Pension scheme
- Company events
- Death in service
- Flexible working
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.