CTRL S (previously Hallidays IT) are a growing IT service provider supporting customers primarily across the North West, our HQ is situated in Stockport, Cheshire.
We are passionate about teamwork and delivering an unrivalled service to our customers. We have an opportunity for a positive person with a can-do attitude to become part of our progressive and growing organisation as we continue to build on our success, expand our client base and improve our service.
We are seeking a Microsoft qualified, knowledgeable, adaptable 2nd Line support engineer to join our team! This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to make an impact and grow with us.
You will have/be:
- Microsoft qualifications in any of:
- Windows 10, 11
- Windows Server 2016, 2019, 2022
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Azure
- Experience of working in IT support, installations (automated and/or manual) and troubleshooting wide array of IT hardware and software.
- Familiarity with backup platforms including Azure, Veeam, Comet and Metallic.
- Working knowledge of configuring all types of network infrastructure including IPv4 and IPv6 networks.
You will be responsible for:
- Working in a team of support engineers providing telephone and remote support services to established customers.
- Completing onsite and remote installations of wired and wireless network infrastructure.
- Completing onsite and remote installations of Microsoft and bespoke software.
- Completing onsite and remote installations of hardware.
- Maintaining accurate records of assets and licensing.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of customer information.
- Helping junior colleagues with IT support activities including complex tasks and escalations.
It would be great if:
- You understand and have experience with accounting programs such as Sage, Xero, CCH, Iris etc.
- You have worked in a position supporting accountants and accounting practices. Demonstrable knowledge of all Microsoft platforms and technologies including Microsoft 365 management, Windows Server technologies (including management and Active Directory, Windows Domain etc) and virtualisation technologies including Hyper-V and VMware.
- You have experience working with Ubiquiti UniFi platform and major routers, firewalls, and networking equipment such as DrayTek, NETGEAR, Palo Alto, SonicWALL.
- You have familiarity with CRM systems.
Here are some reasons to come and work with us…
- Training and Development! We offer many study support options to help you reach your desired qualification.
- Have a voice! Our inclusive culture ensures that everyone does.
- Personal growth! Opportunities for personal and professional development, whilst broadening technical skills and your commercial acumen.
- Flexi hours – Flexible working arrangements are available, and our regular team social events and purpose-built offices offer a dynamic and inspiring working environment. Some, but limited homeworking opportunities available.
- Most up to date systems! Bespoke software to help us offer superb client care.
- Bonus Scheme! Discretionary bonus scheme available.
If you would like to work with our friendly team, then we look forward to hearing from you. Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org